For a user to be able to approve the sitemap, he/she needs to have the permission to do that.
Sitemap administrator is the one who can give a particular user the approval permission.
To assign this permission to a user, assuming you are a sitemap administrator, please follow these steps:
- Login to your Sitemap account and open the sitemap you wish to work on.
- Click the Contributors button above the sitemap.
- In the Contributors pop up you can see the list of current editors and viewers.
- Click Add Editor or Add Viewer button to add new user (editor or viewer) who will be in charge for approving the final sitemap.
- Click Add new user to add new user.
- Enter user’s basic information. See How to add a new user?
- Check Responsible For Approval option.
- Click Submit.
- When done, click Save Changes in the Contributors modal.
To edit approval permission for the existing users:
- Click the Contributors link above your sitemap.
- Hover your mouse over the user’s bubble who is going to be in charge for the sitemap approval. Small blue bubble with the pencil inside will pop up. Click it to edit user details.
- Below user details, check the Responsible for Approval option.
- Click Save.
- When done, click Save Changes.
Once the person responsible for approval is selected, this sets her user bubble highlight green and indicates that this person will have the Approve sitemap option in the Slickplan File menu.
Only one person can be set as the approval person and this can be edited in the Contributors popup. Once that person has approved the sitemap from the File menu the sitemap is locked and further edits will require an admin to unlock the sitemap.
However, if you want to assign another person with the approval permission, before doing so you need to un-check the Responsible for Approval option from the current person in charge.