How to create a sitemap using a text file?
You can build a new sitemap by importing a text file stored on your computer. The text file contains page levels written in the format shown below:
:: Home Page ++ Utility Page 1 ++ Utility Page 2 ++ Utility Page 3 Top Level Page -- Second Level Page (Child of Top Level) ---- Third Level Page (Child of Second Level) ------ Forth Level Page (Child of Third Level) Top Level Page -- Second Level Page -- Second Level Page ---- Third Level Page ---- Third Level Page ---- Third Level Page -- Second Level Page -- Second Level Page >> Footer Page 1 >> Footer Page 2
Note: Top level pages can not have any dashes in front of their names. Any child level pages should be indented with even number of dashes: for example second level should have 2 dashes
-- and third level should have 4 dashes
----. Space is required after the dashes and before the page name.
- Click on the New Project button, or open an existing project. Please note that importing a text file will overwrite your current sitemap.
- Click on the Import button on the toolbar.
- In the Import panel, from the available import options select Text File.
- Click on the Select File button to locate the text file on your computer, or drag & drop the text file. Import will start automatically.
- Alternatively, instead of uploading a text file, select Copy and paste contents and paste the file content into the blank field.
- Click Submit when completed.