How to import a WordPress XML sitemap?
To import a WordPress XML sitemap, follow these steps:
- In the dashboard, click on the New Project button, or open an existing project, but please note that importing an XML file will overwrite your current sitemap.
- Click on the Import button on the toolbar.
- In the import panel, from the available import options select XML File.
- Click on the Select File button to locate the text file on your local computer, or drag & drop the WordPress XML file.
- You may select additional options to go with your imported sitemap:
- Add Links – to add links of the imported pages.
- You may also import Content & SEO Meta Data to Content Planner (How can I add metadata?).
- Update project settings (Site Title and URL)
- Import the sitemap into an existing section
- Click Import when completed