The goal of utilizing sections is to take away the hassle of handling massive sites. These sites can be simplified by placing large parent/child pages into their own section, and they can be expanded as needed. This helps you focus on specific sections, one at a time, managing a large sitemap with ease.
To create a section:
- Hover your mouse over the sitemap page with child pages that you want to place into a section, and click the grey arrow that appears to the right.
- From the drop-down option list, click Add Section.
A modal will pop up asking you to choose among several options:
- Create a new empty section
- Move child pages to section
- Link to existing section
- Clone existing section
- Select Create a new empty section.
- Click Create Section.
- Select Copy Styling to copy the color style from your sitemap.
The name of your new section is, by default, set to be the same as the Parent Page name. However, you can easily change this by entering a new name in the Section Name label. Or, when hovering your mouse over the section tab, click on the blue icon to edit the section name. When done, click Save Changes.
Once the section has been created, you will be navigated to a new page where you can work on your section by adding new pages and subpages.
If a sitemap page already has a number of subpages, you can select Move child pages to section. You will be navigated to a new page (section) that already contains your subpages.
Once your section is created, the sitemap page will have the following icon attached to it:
All of the existing sections on your sitemap can be accessed from the File menu.
- Click File.
- Select Open Section and choose a section from the section list.
To learn how to link the sitemap page to existing sections, click here.