Two-factor authentication, also known as 2FA, is an additional protection designed to ensure that you're the only person who can access your account, even if someone knows your password.
To enable 2FA for your Slickplan account, you will need an authorization app such as Google Authenticator or Authy. In this article, we will use Authy on a mobile device as an example.
- From the dashboard, open My Profile settings.
- Under the password field, toggle the Two Factor-Authentication switch to on.
- A modal window with a QR code will open.
- Open your authentication app and select the option to add a new account.
- Scan the QR code from the Two-Factor Authentication modal or enter the setup key manually into the authentication app. This will add Slickplan to the app so it will be able to generate the one-time passcodes that Slickplan will recognize.
- Once Slickplan is added, the authentication app will display a 6-digit code. In the modal window, enter the code into the field below the QR code.
Click Verify & Save.
- Changes are saved automatically.