Importing sitemap XML file feature uses the site crawler and is only available to Pro, Team and Agency users or there is a $5 fee for Basic users.
To import sitemap XML file, follow these steps:
- Login to your dashboard.
- Open an existing sitemap. Please note that importing new sitemap will overwrite your existing sitemap.
- Or, create new sitemap.
- Click Import/Export button above your sitemap.
- Select Import tab in the modal menu.
- Select Google Sitemap XML radio button.
- Click Browse to locate XML file on your computer. Click Open.
- You may select additional options to go with your imported sitemap:
- Cell Text
- Click Use File/Directory name to include file/directory name in your sitemap page label.
- Click Use H1 to include the main header in your sitemap page label.
- Click Use Page Title to include page title in your sitemap page label.
- Exlude Common Tex Pages On Import - this option will remove common recurring text from imported titles that recur throughout your website. For example, you can remove repetitive SEO text strings like "| Company Name" that proceeds or follows the title text.
- Click Add Link to add link to your sitemap.
- Click Add Meta Description Note to add note to your sitemap.
- If your website is password protected select Use HTTP Basic Authentication and enter your username and password (Note: currently it works only with the HTTP Basic Auth method).
- Check the Ignore ROBOTS.TXT option if your server has a restrictive file that disallows any web crawlers to access your website.
- Use custom user agent - some websites have custom firewalls which blocks everything with 'crawler' in its name. This option by default is pre-populated with your browser's name, so our crawler will pretend to be a real browser, and your firewall system will not block it.
- Check the Import meta data to Content Planner to import SEO details (metadatas and URL slug) about each page to Content Planner tool.
- Check Import Into a Section to import a sitemap as a section of a certain page without overwriting the whole project.
- Cell Text
- Click Import when completed.
After several seconds, you will see the message saying your sitemap was successfully imported.
Note: For security reasons site crawler is limited to 10 000 pages (you can fetch up to 10 000 pages during one crawling process).