Importing sitemap XML file feature uses the site crawler and is only available to Pro, Team and Agency users or there is a $5 fee for Basic users.
To import sitemap XML file, follow these steps:
- Login to your dashboard.
- Open an existing sitemap. Please note that importing new sitemap will overwrite your existing sitemap.
- Or, create new sitemap.
- Click Import/Export tab above your sitemap.
- Select Import tab in the modal.
- Select Sitemap XML radio button.
- Click Browse to locate XML file on your computer. Click Open.
- You may select additional options to go with your imported sitemap:
- Cell Text
- Click Use File/Directory name to include file/directory name in your sitemap page label.
- Click Use H1 to include the main header in your sitemap page label.
- Click Use Page Title to include page title in your sitemap page label.
- Click Add Link to add link to your sitemap.
- Click Add Meta Description Note to add note to your sitemap.
- Cell Text
- Click Import when completed.
After several seconds, you will see the message saying your sitemap was successfully imported.
Note: For security reasons site crawler is limited to 10 000 pages (you can fetch up to 10 000 pages during one crawling process).